Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Troop Greeters

Day 4

When we say "see ya soon" to our Marines as they depart the base for deployment, most families and friends snap a lot of pictures as momento's of the occasion. Generally, we think those are the final pictures that we will see until a few pictures here and there get sent while on deployment. That simply isn't the case.
Most times (but not all), when our Troops are sent overseas or returning from overseas, they are flown through Bangor, Maine. When our men and women get off the plane and walk through the terminal they are greeted by a slew of very patriotic Troop Greeters. These Troop Greeters do their best to meet every Military flight on a daily basis. They are there to shake hands, give hugs, and wish them well on their journey. When they return from overseas, they are Thanked immensely for a job well done and welcomed back to the United States. That just makes my heart melt. These fine volunteers are the first people our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc see when they have spent months to a year out there protecting our Freedoms. I honestly do not think they get all the recognition they deserve. If you have a loved one that has deployed over seas and would like to search the picture data base. Please follow the links I will provide here (which are also on my side bar over there ~~~>) You will need to look under the year and month of deployment or return. Happy searching!!
on the right side bar look under Bangor
When our Troops are sent overseas or return through New Hampshire, they will go through Pease Airport. Just today, I found that Pease Airport also has Troop Greeters!! See Jerod flew through there in October 2009 on his way to Iraq. I was disappointed because I was told that they did not have Troop Greeters there so I would not get any deployment pictures. Well... I am proud to say the person that gave me that information was WRONG. The following links has thousands of pictures. If you have a loved one that has deployed over seas and would like to search the picture data base. Please follow the links I will provide here (which are also on my side bar over there ~~~>) You will need to look under the year and month of deployment or return. Again Happy searching!! PS.. They will send you a FREE disc of all the pictures that were taken on that deploy date!!
Pease troop greeters
http://peasegreetersphotogallery.shutterfly.com/799?size=All&startInde
The Wave 96.7
http://www.wqso.com/pages/peasegreeters.html
WERZ 107.1
http://www.werz.com/pages/peasegreeters.html?_show




1 comment:

  1. When my son deployed last year in Oct, I believe, he text me n told me how moved he was by all the greeters. It touched his heart & for that this proud Marine mom thanks you & prays blessings on you all for doing this!! God bless you & watch over you!! Oh & the pics you took of him were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete