Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

DAY 8 AND 9
I have been busy today working on photos and messing around with my blog layout today so I missed updating day 8 by five minutes. Better late than not at all is my motto anymore!!

Finally found the makings of a layout that I can live with on my blog. Yea, I am never happy with anything most times, but I am now!! For Mothers Day I changed a friends layout as a surprise, I really hope she likes it.. I think she may have forgot that I have her sign in and password and she may hurry to change it lol.

So today is Mothers Day now that it is 12:15am.. Went and had dinner with Chrissy and Casey. That was nice, as I have never been out with them unless the rest of the family was there. I like spending time with my kids by themselves some times. I hope now that they see mom can behave they will take me out more in the future ;0) I am sure they would if I asked, but they are young and in love so I will just let them have their time. I really love them both more than they will ever comprehend.

I have been getting a lot of hugs and I love you's from Bradley today. I know Mothers Day is tomorrow/today but I cannot help but think there is something else going on in his little head. I am sure I can figure it out pretty simply, but I am not going to bring it up to him. Some times it's hard not to ask him specific questions when I know something is bothering him and my moms intuition tells me immediately what it is. I do not want to put words in his mouth and him just come out and say "yea mom, thats whats wrong". So I will be patient and let him come out and tell me whats going on and take all the hugs and kisses I can get.

Only thing missing is Jerod. I am hoping in some small way I get some kind of contact out of him today. I know hes busy and has a tough job ahead of him. My selfish side just wants to hear his voice. It is Mothers Day after all. It is also the first one that I have not seen him. Well, I didn't see him live and in person last year, but I had him on Skype. I am not so sure I will get that pleasure this year. Deployments SUCK, but my freedom and security doesn't and thats because there are a ton of Military personnel out there making sure that it doesn't. So for Mothers Day I am just going to be thankful that all these men and women are out there doing what they do for all of us moms. BUT... if someone feels a little froggy, can you send that boy a note by carrier pigeon to make him call home!!!

These are the hard parts of deployment.

3 comments:

  1. Your friend has no need to change her password...if your son is my son...my son your son's brother...we share and trust each other with alot more than a password. Much love from a Mom missing her Marine to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look Kim! Happy Mother's Day - no carrier pigeon here but am sending out vibes .. RING phone Ring

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not going to ring. He called his other woman instead of me and told her to tell me Happy Mothers Day. I am heartbroken, but I will get over it. I have my other 2 kids that are here to keep me company.

    ReplyDelete