Sunday, May 2, 2010

See Even I Can Be Normal

Day 2


Even though I am still wondering where Jerod is right now, I am not as worked up as I was yesterday. I know he is out there doing what he has to do and I just have to know in my heart that no matter what it is, he will be okay. So far, as of this very moment, I know he is okay. Now, I am a mom, that can very well change at any moment as I am entitled to change my mind! By my guestimation, he has not made it into Country just yet. Mind you, I have no idea what his travel schedule entailed. I just have the feeling that knowing all the delays the departing Marines had, the same could be said for the entering. I just know he is "somewhere" over there. And just so we are all clear, I still don't like it and no, I will not "get over it" until he gets back home. Enuff said!

Somewhere out there far far away, there is a Marine I miss more than anything in this world. I just hope he knows just how much I love him and praying that he stays safe and comes home very soon. When you go to bed tonight, just give a little thought about how comfortable you are sleeping in your bed. There are a lot of Military men and women out there that do not get that luxury tonight. When you see a member in any branch of the Military or a Veteran, please do not forget to say Thank You. You would not believe the impact those two simple words will have until you are the ones standing up for your Country. I myself do not thank them enough, and I think that needs to change!

I have been doing a lot of thinking about another food drive. I started the one back in October 2009 for 3/4 Wpns Co (Chris Rosetti's unit) and with community involvement we gathered enough food and other items to mail out 160 boxes. Now that Jerod is in Afghanistan, I think I should do the same for his unit. I didn't send anything like that over to Jerod when he was in Iraq because they had a PX and a chow hall. Our Afghanistan men do not have that luxury because they are on the move a lot. If anyone wants to help, let me know, but I think its time I get the ball rolling once again.

Saying a few prayers for all my fellow Tennesseeians. We are under water. Not as much as Nashville and those surrounding areas. I wouldn't have to worry about it anyway up here on this mountain. If the water gets to me up here, then all those peoples down the hill are gonners unless they have a boat. The bottom just fell out of the sky and its getting pretty nasty. Lights are flickering so I am going to close this out until tomorrow. I am hoping that I keep the same mood as today, but, like I said earlier... it's subject to change without warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment